Monday, April 01, 2002

Gosh it's been a long time. But I have good reason. It was Spring Break. I was home. I was busy. Deal with it.

Oddly enough I don't have too many wacky or crazy stories to recount to this little internet world. So I'll give y'all the Cliff's Notes version of my trip home...and maybe I'll extrapolate on an interesting story or two. I took a six hour ride in my little coffin of a car to get to San Jose, and on the way home I got this thing called a "Double Shot" which is supposed to be two shots of Starbucks espresso in a small can with some cream and sugar...the perfect rush for a long lonely drive. The can said "shake well." I shook well. I guess I shook too well. I had coffee stains on the crotch of my pants. I saw Sarah every day and we saw more movies in a week than most people see in over a month. We went to Panic Room on opening night and I was not extremely impressed...I guess it was too built up in my mind. It did however bring back some interesting memories of doing the play Wait Until Dark. I found out that Donnie Darko came out on video...so I forced Sarah to watch it...I think she liked it ok. I think it's brilliant. Maybe I'm alone. We visited the park we used to go to allot and discussed the dog-eat-dog world of motherhood and watched the cool moms join together and talk and the un-cool moms join together and talk. I thought that the whole "junior-high-caffeteria-who am I going to sit with-I don't want to be an outcast" thing ended as you became an adult...I guess not. We went to Gordon Beirch for dinner one night and Sarah got a chicken that looked like it was prepared by a contortionist trying to figure out new positions. I just got pasta...but there was a little tree in the middle of it...that was cool. And too soon I was driving back home away from my friends, away from my family, away from Sarah, all for another six hour drive, another Starbucks Double Shot (but this time I was careful...but not careful enough...as I was putting it down in the cupholder to get back in my car I smashed my forhead into the top of my window, leaving a huge red lump), another 7 CD's, another curse word screamed at the top of my lungs in the middle of heavy traffic, and now another half a semester of school.

I got back to my room at school and found the background of my computer had been changed to two ken doll type toys in speedos right next to eachother with the text "Let's Get It On" next to them. There is some kind of chocolate melted on my scanner. Ed's hair is in cornrows now instead of a fro. And things are 'normal' again.

I'm sorry...I really have nothing to say. I think I'll ramble for a bit and then end this mofo. Read Chuck Palahniuk's books. All of them. Fight Club, Invisible Monsters, Survivor, and Choke.. Then...wait...I'm just telling you what to do. I HATE it when people tell ME what to do. So why do I have the right to tell YOU what to do? I'm sorry...I apologize profusely.. Time to go. Bye for now.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net