Wednesday, August 21, 2002

I am the concert virgin. I will forever be the concert virgin. I must learn to deal with this.

I made my second attempt to see a concert within the last couple weeks...and met with failure once again. Luckily I have my friends Aaron and Christina to help me pop the proverbial cherry (no, not Aaron and Christina from school...Aaron and Christina from home...yeah...it's confusing). The first attempt was ditched for a rousing game of bowling...made even better by converting our outfits to show off our white ghetto selves (rolled up pant legs, shirt sleeves, etc). The second attempt was a failure due to a corporation that deserves almost as much hate as Pep Boys. Mapquest. Yes, this wolf in sheep's clothing has sent me careening in the wrong direction so many times I have begun to believe that it's all a practical joke. I just haven't found the hidden cameras yet. But like a dog that is beat and comes back to its master wagging its tail, I come back to Mapquest, eager for directions. So to make a long story short...we got to Slims to see Something Corporate and were turned down. I asked a passing security guard if we could take his picture as he yelled at us all to go home...he just laughed in my face. So instead of seeing my first concert, we rented some movies, got McDonalds, and discussed the laws against polygamy.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net