Thursday, August 08, 2002

I don't remember the last time I was that exhausted. Or this exhausted. But I got to build part of an icon screen for a big church. And I learned how to wire electricity for a house. But amidst spraying giant wasp nests with poison and dodging the pissed off renegades who survived, drilling hundreds of holes through wood planks, installing windows on the second story, and avoiding losing limbs to the various large bladed machines, I had a fun time. Except for my near death experience, which wasn't so fun. He has a backhoe (one of those big yellow machines with a hoe on the back and a huge shovel on the front) He fixed it so he can raise the huge shovel part and stand on it to work on the second story. There I was with the other guy, kneeling on the huge shovel, and holding a sliding glass door that was going on the second story. Then he raised the shovel. At about the 20 foot up level the spring for reverse broke and all hell broke loose. It was kind of like those fake bucking bronco things in the western bars, only there was nothing to hold onto. So he's yanking on levers and we're lifting in the air and falling back down and trying to not fall off and break our necks. I literally thought I was going to fall off and die. But maybe I was over-reacting.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net