Friday, October 31, 2003

.
HOLY $#!T

So think of your favorite celebrity (or well known person who's work you follow close enough to be considered a stalker and have a restraining order) Now imagine that this person gave you something...not like a signed picture, but actually handed you an item. How special would that be to you? Well...that's what just happened to me (minus the actual "handing")

A couple weeks ago I wrote a letter to Chuck Palahniuk. Since it was my birthday I had the audacity to send him a script I wrote and asked him to read it and comment. I didn't really expect anything in return...this is a busy man. Today I got a package on the porch, so I took it up to my room and opened it. I was thoroughly confused because I thought this package was my Tick DVD's (the cartoon...not the crappy live-action version) but I was faced with many interesting items instead of DVDs. I found a note and scanned to see who it was from. Lo and behold...it was from Chuck Palahniuk himself. The god of my literary world. He not only typed up a response to my script, but sent me a bunch of stuff for my birthday...including:

-signed copy of Italian version of Lullaby
-silly putty
-gummy worms
-gold tooth cover (for a pirate costume)
-a stocking
-a temporary tattoo
-a package of forget-me-not seeds
-a deck of cards
-birthday candles
-a mouthpiece that holds glowsticks
-a stuffed owl

Scrawled on the note in red sharpie was, "Here's your birthday owl!!" And now, if I ever produce that script, I can put at the bottom of the poster:

"Okay okay- I liked it!"
---Chuck Palahniuk

Gosh....I already loved every word that Chuck wrote...but any author that takes the time to do something as frickin' cool as this is really the coolest person in the world. If you haven't read his books....go read them....now.....they rock.

Ok, that's all...I just had to revel in the glory of receiving gifts from one of my heros.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net