Wednesday, January 09, 2002

RIGHT NOW I'M:
---listening to the soft hum of the air conditioner (shhh....Aaron's trying to sleep)
---feeling slightly facade-like

I just came back from the Omega Burger drive-in. "The last word in fine food." Aaron has had the strange urge to eat here for quite some time now (we're not sure why), so we finally went. We reasessed our decision as we approached the burnt out sign that said, "Omega Burger" and had two sub-signs, "tacos" and "pastrami." Now I'm not too sure why anyone with "burger" in their store's name would advertise for tacos. And who knows...maybe they just have some really good pastrami. We walked in, passed the broken video game machine covered in graffiti, noticed the venecian blinds were all hanging slightly down on one side, examined the hole filled upholstry of their unusually uncomfortable seats, and started studying the menu. It seems this place has everything from seafood to Mexican food. The only thing that really scared me was the steak dinner for $4.00. We all got burgers, sat down, and discussed why one would need a large circular concave mirror in the corner on the ceiling if there is no corner to see around. We figured that the odd angle it was placed at (where all one could see looking into it was the table right in front of it) was so they could catch people making out...at that specific table only.**** The food was pretty good, though messy, and the prices were very decent. I think I will go back to the last word in fine food again...maybe this time to try the most expensive thing on the menu...the shrimp dinner...mmm.

****Side note. A couple weeks ago I was at a restaurant with Sarah and we were the last ones in...nobody else was allowed in because they were about to close. The waitress was quite nice and told us that we were the only ones there and that we had as long as we needed. Then came an unusual offer. She told us that we could do "whatever you want" (with a mischevious look in her eye)...and would even "turn the lights down" if she knew how. Our only warning..."don't do anything the manager would get too upset about." I guess that would involve having sex on the table. I'm not too sure what she was thinking...maybe that the 50's diner atmosphere would get two kids in the mood to do something? I'm not sure...but it was quite amusing if I do say so myself...and I do.

I saw A Beautiful Mind today. That recent Russel Crowe movie...along with Jennifer Conelly (Requiem, Dark City, etc...), and Paul Bettany (from the HORRID Knight's Tale) and others. I enjoyed it...it was a decent film. It was pretty original in the way of plot...and the acting wasn't half bad. And that is as in-depth as my review goes. I never listen to anyone else's opinions on movies...so why would you? I'll save my breath.

So I was illegally downloading more music today (yeah yeah...bad Grant) and got allot of the American Beauty score. Not the soundtrack, the score. That music just totally rocks my world. It is SO good...I just want to listen to it over and over. But sadly that would probably make those around me go into a blind rage and beat me over the head with the now empty 40-like green tea bottle on my dresser. And we don't want that.

__________________________________________
**RANDOM FACTS/THOUGHTS OF THE DAY**

---Aaron's new longboard matches our carpet when it is dark. This is bad for me when I get up to go to the bathroom late at night.

---What other restaurant can you find asada, shrimp, tacos, steak, zuchini, and omlets all on the same menu besides the Omega Burger? It really must be the last word in fine food!

---My typing is probably keeping Aaron from sleeping...oops
__________________________________________

Well...I don't want to piss Aaron off...so I will at least get in bed and read or something. I'm not tired. I really gotta get me one of those quiet key keyboards so I don't click and clack loudly during the night. I will finally be doing something for Blue Me tomorrow ::crossing fingers:: but who knows...the assistant editor can't do TOO much until after some film is actually shot. Dang. But I have to be there anyways. So it's off to try and make myself go to sleep once again...only to find myself alone in my room with nothing to do when I wake up. Gosh I love college. That's all for now (in case you were wondering)...I'm leaving. Bye for now.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net