Monday, January 28, 2002

RIGHT NOW I'M:
---listening to some crazy jazz music from Cowboy Bebop
---feeling spent

Today was my first day back in class since interterm ended. Well...it ended for everyone but a select few...like those of us cursed enough to get post production jobs thereby binding us to tons of work at odd hours until the project is done. YES!!! And it seems that I am in charge of making the trailer for our film. So if I can, I will try and get that up on the website if possible.

You know what is fun? Rocking out in our little dorm room with two guitars and a bass and a basic understanding of how to play Stairway to Heaven. Even if we don't have a basic understanding of the lyrics. "If there's a bustle in your hedgerow / Don't be alarmed now / It's just a spring clean for the May Queen " WHAT?!? But yeah...there were times when playing when it just all fit together and felt SO good. I felt all cool like I should be in a real band. But then I woke up from my disillusioned little world of daydreams and realized that I suck at bass (in my own humble opinion). Heh. Oh well.

I woke up this morning and remember some vague memories of a dream where I was going into one of the editing rooms to take a shower. Ed had just finished his shower so it was free for me to use. I passed two guys talking about the song Pretty Fly for a White Guy...and one of the guys said, "Yeah, when I was younger, I was pretty fly...for a white guy." Then I woke up and decided to get more sleep...or to just lay off the drugs ;) Soon I was sitting at my computer doing nothing because I had SO much free time before class. So I grab my cell phone and decide to leave early for class and use my cell phone as a clock since I can't find my watch. I look at my phone and kind of laugh and say, "Hmm...my phone says 9:15am...heheh...my class starts at 9:00am. Heh." Then I stopped laughing and ran to class swearing at my computer because the clock was off again. So I was late to my first class back of the second semester. Luckily the teacher knew me and as I walked into class and got that "Ooooh he's late" look from all the kids, the teacher just said, "Hey Grant!" and gave me the papers and let me grab a seat. I felt special. It was fun.

Oh...and my math teacher is eccentric...he borrowed my pen and kept the cap unknowingly for the next ten minutes as he walked around and then got to the front of class. I watched him as he looked down at his hand and looked utterly confused and suddenly raised his hand violently into the air and said, "Who's pen cap?!" He didn't even remember that he had borrowed it from me. This guy is great.


gosh...is that just plain creepy or what?

WOO! BED TIME! WOO! YEAH! I NEED SLEEP! YEAH! WOO! ok...I'm over that...sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me sometimes. I'm going to go now. If that's not a problem with you. And I hope it is.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net