Friday, November 02, 2001

AHHHHH...stoopid internet! I had my latest post all typed up with links and everything...but nooo...internet explorer had to freak out on me and not let me publish it, and on top of that...it deleted the whole thing. Sigh~I'll just have to re-type it. I WILL get this on my site, despite the internet's evil ploy to keep me down. I...I will survive.

So I was on my way to the bathroom last night to get ready for bed...and Aaron (who must be studying mind control) handed me the Sega controller and turned on Sonic the Hedgehog (I'm not going to link to it again...I think I have enough links to that cursed game). Before I knew it I was sitting on a popcorn tin happily playing the game. I suddenly stopped to think about it. "Wait...I was going to go to sleep....what happened?" Like I said...it must be mind control. So I play Sonic until the wee hours of the morning. Instead of getting to sleep at like 12:00, it was like 2:30am or something. Ugh. So I get in bed and something like the following conversation takes place (I think we were dilerious):

Aaron: *singing* ""I'm leaving...on a jetplane..."
Grant: *singing* "Don't know when I'll be back again."
~silence~
Aaron: "I suddenly have the urge to sing that whole song."
Grant: "NOOOO!"
Ed: "Let's sing it then!"
Aaron: *singing* "So kiss me and smile for me..."
~Ed and Grant are trying to keep up with the lyrics they don't know and patiently wait for the chorus~
Aaron: *singing* "Tell me that you'll wait for me...hold me like you'll never let me go."
All: *singing* "I'm leaving...on a jetplane...don't know when I'll be back again...leaving on a jetplane...oh babe, I hate to go."
~silence~
Aaron: "REPEAT!"
Ed: "I have that song on an Aerosmith CD."
Grant: "I thought John Denver sang it."
Ed: "No, not an Aerosmith CD, the Armageddon soundtrack."
Grant: "Well, maybe he didn't originally sing it, but I know that John Denver sang it."
Aaron: "Well he is dead now, so he doesn't sing it anymore."
Grant: "I sing it."
Aaron: "But you're not John Denver."
Grant: "Yes I am.
Aaron: "YOU'RE NOT JOHN DENVER!"
Grant: "Yes I am, it's my secret identity."
Ed: "Yeah, just like I am Batman."
Aaron: "You're not Batman."
Grant: "I'M Batman!"
Aaron: "I am the werewolf."
Ed: "See, you're not really the werewolf."
Grant: "I'M the werewolf!"

And at this point the conversation kind of died. Or maybe I just gave in to the sleep that was beckoning me. All I know is that after that I woke up to my piercing alarm clock...my piercing alarm clock. I stared at my clock for a good 30 seconds hoping that the numbers were just the time I would be waking up and that in reality it was 11:00pm, time to go to bed and get much sleep. But staring did no good, it was still morning. Then I did a double take at my alarm clock that said, "7:40am" Now you might not find this interesting, but I do. You see, I set my clock for 7:30 every morning. And I don't remember waking up and pressing the snooze button. Scary. My fear is that I am much like The Narrator in Fight Club. Maybe I am not really sleeping by my alternate persona...just like Tyler Durden, is out wreaking havoc on the poor defenseless sleepy town of Orange. That would be why I am in such a state of non-rest every morning when I awake. I think I will set up a webcam so people can monitor me in the middle of the night to see what I am doing besides dreaming. The help would be appreciated.

Oh, speaking of dreaming. I have had some wacky dreams lately. A couple had to do with famous people. I was at a showing of Moulin Rouge and I saw, of all people, Christina Aguilera. And I knew, at least in my world, that she was the lead actress in Moulin Rouge, playing Satin. So I went up and talked to her and complimented her on her great acting in the movie. In another dream my friend Kevin and I were walking around and, of all people, Drew Barrymore walked up to us. Kevin was flirting with her, but she wasn't interested. So I talked to her and we became really good friends....in all of 30 seconds. Don't you love how dreams work? So we went back to my house and sat on my couch and watched TV. Then recently I had a dream about these guys who were playing bongos, but they weren't very good. So I got out my doumbek and played. Very well I might add. And the guys were very jealous of my doumbek with it's deep, rich bass sound. I felt special. I think I have a self-esteem problem. In my dreams famous people like me and random people are jealous of me. This could be a problem.

Oh, you have to listen to the music from The Blue Man Group. Check out those audio clips on the lower right hand of the screen. Mmm. I love percussion.

Random Note of the Day: Typing with a blister on the tip of your finger feels really funny. I wouldn't recommend trying it...but it feels funny.

Alright, I really need to clean my room now. The stuff piled around my chair is starting to form to the shape of my chair and harden making my once mobile chair impossible to move. And the other stuff on the floor, well I doubt it should be moving or giving off that stench, so I will attack it from a distance with some death in a can. I'll be updating more later...if I don't lose this battle with hygine. That's all. Bye for now.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net