Monday, November 12, 2001

RIGHT NOW I'M:
---listening to Marvelous 3 (I'm not linking to them anymore...sorry) sing Beautiful
---Feeling...er...I'm not too sure...I'm feeling interesting

***Things Grant has Learned at College:

---Use throw away dishes and silverware (that pile of cups and plates is getting bigger and bigger)

---Sleep...sleep is your friend...do not lose this friendship!

---Don't get your hopes up when going to check the mail (unless youre more liked than I am and actually GET mail)

---Procrastination...either don't do it or get really good at it (I am in the latter group)

---Eat. Ok, so this might not be a problem for you guys...but it is for me. Meal time just comes and goes and...oops, I didn't eat. Most people gain weight in college...not me...my pants don't fit too well anymore.

---If you are a film student...do 30 second films with one actor, and one location...otherwise...you WILL go crazy.

So today has been a really weird day. Let me explain. Everything just seems a little off, and unusual, and different. I went to check my mail this morning and opened my box. Now, my box is on the top row. This row is only completely accesible to people with a 7' stature. That is not me. So I open it and get ready to reach up and inside to see if I have any mail, and a letter comes sliding out towards me. My first thought, "AAHHH, MY MAIL IS ATTACKING ME!!!" Then I realized that someone was putting the mail in from the back and saw me and pushed the letter forward to help me get it. I think it would have been more exciting if my mail actually was attacking me. Then later someone knocked on my dorm door and Christina opened it and we saw no person...just an empty Hi-C jug sitting there. Ok, sure...why not. Then later someone came by and wanted to see our room because they were doing a tour or something. Of course the moms chided us on our messiness. I wanted to say, "You're not my mom...shuddup." But I didn't. Then I got an e-mail. Ok, so that's not too weird. But this e-mail was weird. A girl I kind of knew in high school e-mailed me just to see how things were. Funny thing is I was about to do the same, write her to see how things were, but we never really talked or were friends and have never exchanged e-mails before. So I am kind of scared to see what will happen next. Maybe I'll be attacked my a group of salmon weilding midgets.

I get to edit tonight!!! There's something very comforting about being in that little dark room with a computer and not having to think of anything but my movie. It's so relaxing. Ahh. I miss that. I think I will build a small editing bay in my dorm room. I'm sure my roommates won't mind if I deconstruct their bunkbed for wood for my editing bay. Then I just need to steal a computer from the school and I'm all set.

It's time to go. I need to listen to some music to get ready for editing...and then I need to read for pleasure. That is also relaxing. I am reading the Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. GOOD BOOK. I want a cool name like J.R.R. Tolkien. I guess I could be Grant Isaac Melvin Paige. Then people would refer to me as GIMP. Cool. But yeah. Time to go now. I'll update more later. I'm an updating fiend. I've hung on longer than I thought I would with updating every day (ok, so nearly every day thanks to two days ago...grrrr). Catch ya later. Bye for now.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net