Sunday, November 04, 2001

Alright, so I went to my brother's place in Hollywood to work on my movie some. Good times. It's due very soon and I haven't even started yet. Don't you just love college? The best thing is has taught me is how to be better at procrastination. I already knew how...but now I'm getting really good at it. So, we go to 24 Hour Fitness to work out some because he hasn't done so in a long time and neither have I. We get their and do some lifting. I can't help but notice some of the people who are working out. You know how a babie's head is too big for it's body, making it look awkward, but still cute because it's a baby and they are just cute no matter what? Well imagine people who's torsos are too big for their bodies in the same respect as a babie's head being too big. But without being cute. I'm tellin ya, steroids will really screw with you. So now I'm all sore and just want to sleep. But I'm also hungry. Sleep or eat...sleep usually wins this short battle (though I still hold to the belief that my alternate persona takes over my body instead of me sleeping. This time...eating won...probably just because I am with Chad and he was hungry too. We go to this new Mexican food place called...er...never mind what it is called, I kind of forgot. But we go in and ask to see a menu just in case it is way above our price range (that would be anything more than $10 an entree, hey...I'm a college student and he is a starving artist). The lady who seats you (do they have a name?) asks in an overly friendly voice if we have been there before. We say no and she gets all excited and asks our names and shakes our hands. Um...I don't know about you, but I don't know too many restaurants who have this kind of greeting policy. So we sit down and the bald guy who seats us says in a tour guide like friendly voice, "Hey guys...glad you came here. We have some great specials today. The steak is fantastic." We smile and nod, and he leaves. Was he expecting us to get excited about the steak? So the waitress comes up and smiles really big at us and asks if she can get us anything. When she takes our orders, she sits next to me at the booth and looks me right in the eyes at I order. I don't know...there is something disturbing about looking the waitress right in the eyes and having them about 1 foot away from you. If I didn't know any better I would say that all her smiling and sitting next to me was flirtation...then my big head was quickly deflated as I found her doing the same at every table. I think I like my little dissilusioned world better where the pretty waitress likes me. Hmm...she was probably too old for me anyway. The people at this place were way too friendly. It didn't make me think, "My, what nice people these are, and what a nice place this is." Instead I looked at my brother and said, "Are these people disturbingly friendly or is it just me?" I felt like they were trying to get me to be their friends before they took be in the back and cooked me as their main course. The moral of this story? I dunno...if you can think of one...write me and tell me ok?

So I just saw one of the coolest movies I have ever seen! No Joke. Donnie Darko. Ok ok, so the name is a little dorky...but the movie really did rock. I LOVED the cinematography, the music, all the acting, the plot, the screenplay, and just bout anythiing else there is to love. It was kind of creepy, and funny, and just plain cool in every sense of the word. Well, it wasn't cold....ok ok fine...not in every sense of the word. Geez. It's chalk full of symblism, little hints, and it's never dull. So yeah, go see it...and if you don't like it, then you just suck...because it was good...I swear. Random side note...Drew Barrymore was in it. She was also in my recent dream. Any connection here? No, probably not, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

A writer once said that the most beautiful phrase out of every word, phrase, or sentence in the entire english language, was "Cellar Door."

I'm adding some new poetry soon...not now though...I'm too tired. So come back and check it out soon. Other than that...I really don't have too much else to say. I am always trying to add new stuff. Pictures soon....I swear. And maybe even some fun Photoshop images if I can gank a scanner from someone in my dorm. If not, I don't know...I'll describe the pictures. Heh, won't that be fun. Alright, I'm off before this gets any weirder. Go live life to the fullest. Don't let anything hold you back. Don't become a number, a face in the crowd, a follower, a statistic. Be original despite what others say. Be new, exciting, fun, crazy, daring. And if I can only accomplish a few of these...I will die a happy person. Bye for now.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net