Tuesday, November 06, 2001

I hurt. I don't know why, but our society, unlike societies of the ancient eras, has decided that physical is more important than mental. This would be why we humans, mostly the larger and less feminine of the two sexes, goes into a room with lots of refective surfaces and purposefully rips every muscle he or she can until lifting any object heavier than their sweat towel becomes physically impossible. And this practice happens not only once, but normally three or four times a week. What is the point of this? Well, it makes people look like how I used to look look like how I now look. Ok ok, so that's a little bit of an overexageration. I don't look quite like that.

I am officially weirded out right now. I used to have this cell phone with the phone number including "666." Now, this was a little creepy, but I thought nothing of it. That is until I acidentally hit some numbers when it was clipped to my belt and looked at it and realized that I had somehow pressed "666" with my elbow. Now, coincadences happen, but that happened three times. Hmm. Time to get rid of my cell phone. So, not for that reason, but for others, I got a new cell phone. This one, I am glad to say, does not have "666" in the number. But...I did not however escape weird happenings. I got a message a while ago that was 15 seconds of music. I played it to everyone, and nobody knows where it is from. Odd, but not too odd. But then I got two more messages of the same thing...just different songs. Ok...now I am officially ready to get rid of cell phone number two...just so I can't be bothered by things like this. No, wait...then I'll probably just end up hearing voices in my head.

So Aaron and I had this huge debate about movies, what makes a movie a great movie, what makes a movie all show, etc. Aaron and I are both very stubborn people and like to debate (well, I like to...I'm not sure if it is something that floats Aaron's boat). We ended up agreeing (for the most part) that a movie, book, etc, needs to leave the audience with a better understanding of the subject at hand. And should have a theme that the audience can relate with (Aaron is more ademant on that point...yes, I know I spelled it wrong). Which is why, in Aaron's words, "...shows like Dawson's Creek are emotional masturbation." Pure emotion-feel good-crap.

Movie review time. I have seen lots of movies in my Film Aesthetics class...I will now tell you the movies and if they were good or bad:

The Exorcist: good_____Fight Club: good!_____The Stuntman: bad!_____Traffic: good_____Visions of Light: bad_____Double Indemnity: good_____Citizen Kane: good_____The Conversation: bad_____The Birds: good

I have also seen other movies just on my own (or with others...usually with others) here are those reviews:

Pi: good_____Almost Famous: good_____Donnie Darko: good!_____The Crow: good_____Mulholland Dr.: What?_____El Mariachi: good_____Snatch: good_____Requiem for a Dream: ask me later_____Trainspotting: good

There you have it, Grant's extensive reviews. If you would really like to know more in depth of what I thought, just e-mail me and ask. But I SERIOUSLY doubt that anyone will care what some guy thinks about some movie. But it might make me feel special. I like to feel special.

I need to go now. I have an entire book to read tonight *GASP* so I need to get started. But in all reality I will most likely end up reading something else, or just goofing off online. Like I always do. Ok, I need a better excuse than that to end this post. How about, "I might fail my class!" No, not good enough. How about, "Maybe if I don't my computer will explode from overexertion!" Nope, not good enough. OOH, I have to go to the bathroom. Now there is a good excuse. Gotta run. Bye for now!

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net