Wednesday, November 07, 2001

RIGHT NOW I'M:
---listening to: The Cure sing Maybe Someday
---feeling: disillusioned

Mist hung thickly in the air as the cool temperature reminded me that winter is nearing. With someone on either side of me, I felt strangely uncomfortable due to my lack of knowledge about either of them. One was oddly excited to help me with my endevor...the other was merely along because he felt pity for a poor stranded soul. A bright yellow spot on the horizon caught my eye as I strained to see what it was. Glowing like the sun muffled by clouds in the early morning. I neared the yellow aparition and a sense of horror slowly filled me. I knew what that yellow blemish was, that stain of pure evil...alas...it was a parking ticket upon my car.

My assumptions about my age were proven today. I just came from a class where we were watching Walkabout, a movie made a while ago. After the movie, while the class was giving its unnecessary opinions, one kid made a comparison. He said that I looked exactly like the kid in the movie. Only problem? The little blonde kid was about 8. I mean, sure...I can see some resemblance, but he didn't say that I looked like an older version of the kid. Oh well.

You ever find something out that you just don't want to believe? Something that you know is true, but you nearly convince yourself that it isn't just because you don't want it to be? Something that you just can't get out of your head no matter how you try, and every time you remember it you wince in what seems like physical pain and are suddenly in your own world for that split second where all that exists is you and that realization, that thought, that knowledge of what happened? Even if it shouldn't effect you, and you really have no say in the matter? It's not fun.

But anyway...let's talk about something fun. Like...er...can't talk about pirates, I already talked about them a while ago. And I really don't find that much amusement in them anyway. How about comic books. Ok, so I've never been into comic books. Not even when I was younger. I don't know...superheroes never really caught my attention. But Aaron was really into comic books (or should I say "graphic novels"), and he decided that I needed to be submitted to his interests. So I was told that I needed to read Ghost World...the graphic novel that was the basis for the motion picture. I didn't really know what to expect...but I really liked it. Then he handed me The Coffin which was just incredible. And lastly, he has gotten me interested in Bone which is an extremely interesting and enthralling series. I never thought I would like comics...er...graphic novels...er...whatever....but there is some really good stuff out there. Expand your horizons.

I'm off for now...but I'll be back later...I swear. Unless of course I am abducted by aliens...but that wouldn't be my fault now would it?

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net