Monday, November 19, 2001

RIGHT NOW I'M:
---listening to the Cure sing Spiderman (and the spiderman is always hungry)
---feeling totally confused/lost/scared/angry/disillusioned/pessimistic (good times)

I was talking to my friend Kevin online. We haven't talked too much recently because of the whole going to different schools thing, but we are still great friends. We think so much alike. We have now decided to join a convent and swear off any kind of committed relationship type thing for good. We will just be monks and sit in the meditation position and close our eyes and hum. Or tend the giant sand and rock garden like in that third karate kid movie. Maybe I'll even learn to catch flies in chopsticks...but of course I would have to let them go because of my newly obtained passivist lifestyle. Relationships just get so incredibly confusing. We came to the realization that nobody ever reaches maturity when it comes to a romantic relationship, nobody ever really knows what is going on. Unless I am wrong and somebody has been hiding the manual to the dating and girls from me. If that be the case I will gladly pay any amount to obtain this sacred text.

So my day yesterday (and partly today) just goes from bad to worse. I e-mail the school to get my editing time, but some idiot over there decides that I don't know if I really want an editing room or not so he decides to e-mail me back and ask me if I knew what I needed. No, of course not, I just wrote them because I felt like writing someone and asking for an editing room just seemed like a good thing to ask. OF COURSE I NEEDED A ROOM IF I ASKED FOR ONE!!! Arg....so I don't get my time because of that. So I write in again and they finally give me some time to edit...12:00am to 3:00am. Greeeat. So I then proceed to have one of the worst phone conversations of my life, which of course takes my mind completely off of what I needed it to be focused on....getting my movie done so I don't get kicked out of school. I go to edit, not even in the mood anymore, and do my thing till 4:30am or so. I have multiple problems, as always...plus it is REALLY REALLY cold. Like, I couldn't type the names of the actors for my credits because my fingers were too cold. Yes I am wearing only jeans and a thin t-shirt, but....so. I then walk back to the dorms with my teeth unintentionally chattering (and I like cold weather, but not this cold) and my lungs hurting from the cold. I am not tired (for some reason) but I get in bed anyway. Then I go to class this moring and find that my class was cancelled...the one where this movie was due. Totally pissed off because I didn't have to spend all night there, I storm out. About 10 steps from the dorm I realize that my video is still sitting in the now un-used classroom. So I go back and get it. Then just to top it off at lunch the girl in front of me gets the last garden burger. Sigh~oh well. What can you do.

It will be nice to see my family again. I don't get to see them too often and....well...I'm not homesick, but I do realize how much they mean to me. I find myself bragging about my sister and how good of a dancer she is, or my brother and how good of an actor he is, or the like. And I get to see my friends...yay. I haven't seen lots of them for more than an hour or so in many many months. I enjoy Thanksgiving, it's a good time for the most part.

I feel bad, we ordered pizza and ate it all just as Aaron came walking in saying, "I want pizza!" Through the mouthful of crust I mumbled, "Whught peezugh?" Ok, I think he caught me.

So I had this dream last night. I don't really remember it. All I remember is that I wasn't wearing a shirt. I was doing something, wearing all my normal clothes, just not a shirt. Riiight. Maybe I need to stop eating ice cream right before bed. Wait...I didn't have ice cream last night. I barely slept last night. Ok, maybe I should have normal sleeping hours again. Ha...like that will happen as long as I am in college. College teaches you three things: 1-how to procrastinate 2-how to gain terrible eating habits 3-how to become an insomniac (and we pay HOW much for this?)

RANDOM FACT OF THE DAY: Frito brand corn chips are flammable. They don't just turn black and smoke, they actually light on fire.

RANDOM FACT OF THE DAY WARNING: It just plain reeks.

I'm gonna go now. I might take a shower or something. I need to wash the salt out of my hair. Why do I have salt in my hair? Ask Aaron, maybe he can explain why he tipped the salt shaker over my head and shook it. Other than that, I just have to pack to go home. Good times indeed. I'll try and update over the break (if the chemicals in the turkey don't make me pass out). Happy Thankgiving. Bye for now.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net