Thursday, November 01, 2001

I feel like such a nerd. Most college kids right now are out partying and getting drunk...but not Aaron and I. We went to this meeting on editing with some lady named Tina who edited Gremlins. We then proceed to go back to our room and partake in our respective activities (which we can normally be found partaking in). Aaron sat down to play some Sonic the Hedgehog (yes, he already beat one of the games, now it seems he is out to conquer the rest of the library of Sonic adventures). And I, being the wild and crazy guy I am...sat down at my computer to do nothing of any importance. I downloaded some music from Sonic the Hedgehog and found one of the greatest songs I have ever heard...They Call Me Sonic. Download it, I swear you will be a changed person forever...maybe even to the extent of this guy. So Aaron and I decide to go and check out this party that was going on in the other dorm building. We went down there not really sure what it would be like. We came up with the excuse that we were going to check out mail...just in case it looked dumb and we needed a good excuse to leave....something like, "Darn, I forgot my keys to check my mail" which was true since neither of us brought our keys. Well, the party looked pretty dull, and Aaron and I had the sudden realization that we don't really even LIKE parties in the first place, so we went back to our room. Then we made the realization that we were perfectly happy sitting in our room...Aaron playing Sonic and me eating Fritos and cheese sauce. (Does that "freshman 15" thing apply to guys too? If so I won't be skinny anymore VERY soon with my eating habits). I suddenly felt like such a dork. But you know what, I'm ok with it. I'm ok with being anti-social. Who needs friends? Not me. (ok ok, so that last link had nothing to do with me being anti-social and not having friends, but I found it amusing...sorry).

So I woke up this morning, stumbled into the bathroom, looked into the mirror, and jumped in surprise. No, I didn't see that I had turned into an alien, I didn't find that someone had shaved my head bald while I was sleeping, but I DID see that my eyes looked all sunken in because the night before I didn't get all of the hellish makeup off my face. My face was also still a little more pale than normal (though that wasn't too noticeable, I'm pale as it is). I scrubbed at it for a while and then just gave up...I walked around the rest of the day with makeup on.

OOH, let's talk about my paleness. I think I am going to start my introductions differently from now on:

stranger: "Hi, I'm Bob, nice to meet you."
me: "Hi, I'm Grant, I'm pasty."

I think that it would break the ice. Don't you? I think it's because I'm like a third Irish. I'm one of those freckly people who, instead of getting tan just gets sunburnt and gets even MORE freckles. Life's not fair. And I am fare. Darn.

Alright, well...I really didn't have a reason to update my page. I think that this is going to be an addiction for when I am bored (or just procrastinating...like usual). Hey, I got a letter from someone who went to my page! That was SO cool! Yay! I think that I might start giving prizes for people who go to my page. Like a dollar. Or a new Audi TT Roadster. Maybe you'll be the lucky one. Better keep comming back to find out! (muwahahaha....another shameless ploy to gain traffic...I have no shame). I'll be updating more tomorrow most likely. I will most likely update every day until I figure out that it is a huge waste of time and I should be doing other things instead. But until then...enjoy my pointless banter. Bye for now.

p.s. GO TO MY PICTURES PAGE AND MY LINKS OVER THERE ON THE LEFT!!!!!!!!

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net